What do you do in your free time? Watch anime? How about taking your love for anime to a next level and start drawing cute anime characters? Yeah, they are a lot different than our usual animated characters. However, the amount of doodling you might do in your free time, if you start focusing that energy on these cool anime drawing ideas and sketches, you would surely get better within no time. So what are you waiting for? Let’s dig in!
How to Draw Anime & Manga Characters | Step by Step Tutorial
Anime characters are designed far more different than any other cartoons. Just a look at the screen and you could probably guess if you are looking at anime or a cartoon. That is because the anime characters are given unique facial and physical features. Most of the time you could remember an anime character by their quirky hair or eyes or head. So before jumping to the cool anime drawing ideas and sketches, let’s first have the basics covered.
Check This: How to Draw Cartoon Characters Step by Step
How to Draw Anime Face
- To perfectly create an anime face, first draw the outline of the face. It looks like an inverted egg, which narrows down to a blunt angle.
- Here we have the usual thin neck. We will depict a several lines on the face. First, let’s draw a vertical line of facial symmetry. Then, measure 2/3 of the face and draw a transversal line. A little higher draw another transversal line. Between these two lines will be located the eyes.
- In the anime style, the nose and mouth are usually presented with a pair of simple lines. The main thing is to depict the nose and mouth in the correct location.
- Then describe the contours of the eyes. It looks like two large upturned arcs which are limited from above by smooth horizontal lines.
- Add some facial features. Depict round pupils and contours of thin eyebrows. Pay attention to the location of the ears. The top border of the ears is slightly lower than the top edge of the eyes. The bottom border of the ears coincides with the nose.
- Let’s draw the hair. As a rule, anime persons do not have a carefully traced hairstyle. Hair on the head is schematically indicated by paths that look like a few sharp corners.
- Now we just clean up the face of our young man and erase the extra lines that we drew in the first stages. Do not forget about the contour of the inner part of the ear. In addition, you should trace the necessary lines to make them clearer, more beautiful and completed.
- To give your anime face drawing a complete look, you need to sketch some shadows. You can see the shades that are localized above the eyebrows and on the neck area.
How to Draw Anime Girl
- Draw the outlined shape of the head, then sketch in the facial guidelines.
- Next, sketch out the structure of the face, then draw in the hair line which has a simple parted style. The long hair falls on her face very softly.
- Use the facial guidelines then draw in the thick lining for the eyelids which is also where you will add some lashes. Draw the lining to form the nose, then move to step four.
- Finish drawing the eyes, then add the lining for her eyebrows. You will then sketch in the blush marks on her cheeks, then add a simple open mouth.
- For the last drawing step all you have to do is sketch out the rest of her head shape in the form of her hair as well. You will then draw the neck, shoulder and some of her back. Add detailing to her hair, then erase those mistakes as well as the facial guidelines.
How to Draw Anime Boy
- Draw the head using an inverted egg shape. Sketch the rest of the body using a stick figure. The figure will act as your guide when you’re drawing your character’s body.
- You can draw a four-pointed shape for the chest area and circles in areas where the joints will be.
- At this stage, add some form to the figure to complete the character’s body. Try to distinguish the contours by darkening the new lines.
- The position of the eyes, nose, and mouth in male characters are often near the bottom of the face.
- We could have positioned the facial characteristics at the center of the face if we were drawing an anime girl.
- Draw a horizontal line across the face. It will help you position the facial features correctly.
- The character should look attractive, so draw narrow, slanted eyes. Try not to make the eyes too narrow because the character will look older.
- Slant the eyes towards the middle of the face and heavily outline the upper lids.
- Sketch the ears, mouth, and nose tip.
- Clean up the drawing by erasing the unnecessary lines.
- Add some hair based on the look you want. The hair could be long, short, groomed, or messy.
- If you don’t have a specific style in mind, you could give your character short, shaggy hair with long strands at the base of the neck.
- Dress the Character
- We want to go with something simple, so we’re going to draw a t-shirt and a pair of shorts.
- Leave some space between the shirt and the body when you’re drawing the t-shirt. The top part can be a bit snug, but the end of the sleeves should fan out. The bottom part of the t-shirt should also be wide.
- Afterward, draw the shorts and shoes. Start drawing the shorts from the bottom of the t-shirt and trace the shape of the feet when drawing the shoes.
- Add a few lines at the bottom of the t-shirt and the middle of the shorts to show some folds. You can add some lines to the shoes to indicate their soles and overall design.
- Add some shade to the character, color the clothes and hair, and you’re done.
How to Draw Anime Body
- To properly depict an anime body, you first need to sketch the skeleton. The first thing to create is the head. Next, depict the spine, chest and pelvis. Finish the step outlining the limbs.
- Draw a crosshair on the head for future details of the face. Next, we create a neck in the form of a cylinder and a torso, which should taper slightly at the waist.
- With the help of simple geometric figures similar to cylinders add some volume on the limbs of our anime. With the help of balls create joints in the anime body drawing.
- Let’s start adding the crucial details to the anime body drawing. Let’s begin with the head, sketching the features of the face using the crosshair on the face from the second stage.
- Using smooth lines, gently connect the details and formulate the smooth outlines of the body. If you did everything right, then your anime body sketch should look like this at the fifth stage.
- Using clear and dark lines, trace the details of the face as shown in the example of the artists of Drawingforall.net. Remove all unnecessary guidelines from the face with an eraser.
- Now using clear and dark lines trace the torso and arms. Form the muscles and fingers. Remove unwanted guidelines from the upper body.
- Now do the same, but with the lower part of the anime body drawing. We need to trace the legs, form muscles and toes, and complete the stage by removing all the remaining unnecessary guidelines.
- Now with the help of hatching draw shadows so that your anime body drawing has a depth, roundness and mass. First, depict the outlines of the contours of the shadows and then paint over the shadows with the help of hatching.
How to Draw Anime Mouth
- Let’s start by drawing the head. Draw an inverted egg shape for the head and make sure the jaw is slightly lower. You can also add the neck and shoulders based on your preferences.
- Next, sketch a few guidelines to help you with the correct mouth placement. For symmetry, draw a vertical line in the middle of the head.
- Then draw a horizontal line under the nose and a second one under the chin. You’re going to position the mouth between these two lines.
- You can use basic shapes when sketching the outline of the mouth. Make it look like the lower half of an inverted egg to bring out the desired shape. The horizontal line that forms the top half of the mouth will act as the upper lip.
- Add the tongue and the teeth. It’s quite simple since you’ll only need two lines for this. To sketch the tongue, draw a line that curves upward at the bottom of the mouth. It should start from one end of the mouth to the other.
- For the teeth, you’ll need to draw a line that curves downward at the top of the mouth. Unlike the tongue, this line shouldn’t have any contact with the sides of the mouth.
- Create a small gap between one side of the mouth and the line when you start drawing. Make sure it’s uniform to the gap between the end of the line and the other side of the mouth.
- The inside of the mouth should have the darkest shade while the tongue should be slightly lighter.
- Add the eyes, ears, and preferred hairstyle to finish the drawing.
How to Draw Shoes Anime
- Please note that you do not need to fully draw out the feet with all of the toes every time you want to draw shoes. You can make quick sketch of their outline shape.
- If drawing on paper be sure to draw the foot with very light lines that you can easily erase after you draw the shoe.
- Around/on top of the shape of the feet draw the outlines of the shoes with their largest and most important details.
- Shoes often have soft padding through them and thus tend to be somewhat thicker than other shoe types. For this reason, you should draw their outline shape some distance away from the foot.
- Erase the part of the foot covered by the shoes so that you have a clean drawing.
- Add the smaller details and any design elements of the shoes to the drawing to finish it. In this case the details will help both make the shoe look more interesting and will help better define its shape.
How to Draw Anime Book
- Draw using light lines first and then trace over them with darker lines once you are sure that everything is in the right place. This be especially helpful for large or more complex drawings.
- Light lines are easier to erase if you make a mistake and easier to make.
- Tracing your own lines will also work as another exercise to help steady your hand.
- Try and draw with as few lines as possible. If you make a mistake with your first line, it’s fine to add more lines until you land the correct one but don’t scribble or draw extra lines just for the sake of it. If you make too many mistakes erase that part of your drawing start over.
- Use guide lines to help yourself draw. For example, if you want to draw a symmetrical head/face from the front view you can first draw a horizontal line though the middle of where you want to draw the face. This line will help you make sure that both halves of the face are even in width. You can then draw a horizontal line (or several lines) to help you make sure that both eyes and both ears are on the same level.
- Estimate your proportions before you start drawing. By comparing the size of different parts or objects in your drawing to one another you will be less likely to make a mistake.
- Regardless of what you are drawing start with the larger shapes first. You don’t need to always start with the absolute largest shape but definitely don’t start with the smaller details.
- If you are drawing a person start with the head and work your way down through the rest of the body. Don’t draw the smaller details like the facial features until you have the shape of the entire body.
- Drawing this way will make it a lot easier to fix mistakes. For example, if you fully draw out the head with all of the details of the facial features you may then find that the body doesn’t actually fit on your drawing area. You will then have to start over and redraw the entire face again.
- Keep Different Parts of Your Drawing in the Same Stages of Completion
- Try and keep the various objects in your drawing in roughly the same state of completion. If for example you are drawing eyes than draw the outer shape of each eye and then draw the shape of each iris. By doing so you will be more likely to notice if the first one is out of place and you will only need to do a little back tracking if you make a mistake.
- It’s sometimes a good idea to draw things that are hidden by something else. For instance,
- some parts of the head and face will be hidden by the hair in the final drawing but you may still want to draw their basic shapes and erase them later. The reason for this is to insure the correct placement of the parts that are visible. For example, by doing a light drawing of the second eye you will be able to check the spacing between the eyes which will help you insure that the visible eye is correctly placed. You can also draw the outer shape of the ears to estimate the volume the hair needs in order cover them.
- As a beginner artist you can really benefit from some fairly simple exercises of drawing lines and basic geometric shapes. These exercises will help steady your hand and train you to see and avoid common mistakes.
- You can do these for about 10-15 minutes at a time.
- The most basic exercises are drawing straight lines in different directions. Draw horizontal, vertical and diagonal lines without rotating your drawing area (paper, tablet, and others).
- In addition to straight lines practice drawing curved lines in different directions and try to have nice and smooth curve without jitters or sharp turns. Just like for the straight lines exercise don’t rotate your drawing area.
- Practice drawing basic shapes such as squares, circles, triangles, ovals, rectangles, and others.
- Try and draw each shape with only one stroke per side. Draw the circle and ovals with one solid line from start to finish.
- Don’t worry if your shapes don’t come out right, simply try and improve on the next shape.
- You can also combine the drawing exercises. For example, you can draw a square than inside it draws lines going from one corner to another followed by two more lines going through the intersection point of those lines followed by drawing a circle inside the initial square. But unlike the previous exercise draw this circle a quarter at a time.
How to Draw Anime Lips
- Create the guidelines for the lips. Draw an intersecting horizontal and vertical line.
- To start the middle mouth line, draw a curve. End the curve line with teardrop shapes.
- Create the cupid’s bow by drawing two concave curves right next to each other above the middle mouth line.
- Add a curve under the middle mouth line to create the lower lip.
- Add shading and highlight to the lips to create depth.
- Finish the lips and add color if desired.
Easy Levi Ackerman Drawing | Attack on Titan
- Make the shape of an acorn like so and sketch in the facial guidelines.
- Draw in the shape of Levi’s face like so, then add some uneven parted bangs.
- Finish the shape of Levi’s head which is also his hairstyle.
- Draw in and color the eyebrows, then draw the squinted shapes of his eyes.
- Add some hair under the bangs which is the hair line, then sketch in a deep crease line on the eyelid, then draw the nose, mouth and color in his pupils. Erase the mistakes and guides as well.
- You can add some color to finish it all off. Show your drawing to folks you know.
It is a good experience to turn your drawings or doodling into some real items that you can keep everywhere to show others. The best choice is custom pins. Many artists design their panting to unique custom enamel pin as a giveaway to their friends and fans. Besides pins, custom holographic stickers are also an excellent gift. They are relatively inexpensive and can reproduce your painting in maximum color, making them a great value for money! They also offer a flexible design that supports a variety of complex and multi-colored patterns.
Edward Elric Manga Drawing
- First commence the tutorial by making two ovals & draw outline for the body.
- Draw outline for arms, hands, legs & feet.
- Make outline for lower face & neck. Make hairs.
- Draw eyes, eye brows, lips & nose.
- Make left arms & a weapon in the hand.
- Draw hands, fingers & right arm.
- Draw belt.
- Make pant.
- Make shoes.
- Draw gown shape
- Make numerous lines all over the drawing as shown.
- Finally, make necessary improvements to finish.
Easy Light Yagami Drawing
- Start the drawing by sketching an oval & three lines.
- Draw outline for lower face & ear.
- Make outline for eye, nose, lips.
- Make retinas, nose & eye brows.
- Draw hairs.
- Make hairs from the left side.
- Make shirt.
- Finally, make necessary improvements to finish.
How to Draw Anime Hands
It is quite difficult to follow a clear set of rules to draw hands since they can be drawn in so many ways, as a beginner you can start with some of these basic techniques.
- Start by drawing a rough shape of the palm and the base of the thumb.
- Next work on the proportions of the fingers using simple lines and arcs. You would have to decide the length and width of the fingers.
- Divide the fingers into three sections from top to bottom and keep the thumb length slightly below the knuckle of the index finger.
- Now draw the outer shape of the fingers and give it the polished finish by drawing fine details like lines and wrinkles.
How to Draw Anime Head
Generally, there are no such clear rules to follow when it comes to creating an anime’s head. You could draw them as per your desire. You just need to understand the basic steps before drawing the complete head.
- Firstly, start by drawing a rough outline.
- Draw a faint vertical line down the middle of the head shape and a circle that covers the 3/4th of the outline of the head.
- For the proper placement of ears, draw a horizontal line in the middle of the head and another one slightly below it. Work on creating ears between these two lines.
- Take the top horizontal line for reference and draw the eyes just below that.
- The nose can be drawn with just a tiny line or dot if you are drawing the front face. Place the nose near the bottom horizontal line you used to draw ears.
- Draw the mouth in the lower 1/4th section of the head with simply one or two tiny horizontal lines.
How to Draw Anime Hair
Drawing the hair is a very fun and interesting part of drawing anime. This is because it is completely up to you what hairstyle you would wanna give to your anime. And it will of course vary from male anime to female anime. Regardless of the gender of the anime, the first thing you need to begin with is by drawing the outline of the head.
- Draw the outline of the hair slightly above the outline of the head since hair doesn’t lie flat on the skull.
- Next step would depend upon the fact of whether you are drawing a girl or a boy. For a girl, draw the outline according to the length of the hair you wanna give her. A similar thing would be done with the boy anime as well.
- Draw the hair outline that will frame the face. For instance, bangs or parted hair.
- Now draw the fanned out hair for a boy or give the girl anime some cute curls or sleek straight hair.
How to Draw Anime Eyes
Eyes are the windows of the soul. This fact alone makes it pretty scary to draw the perfect eyes. If you are a beginner like many of us then you must also be intimidated when it comes to drawing those deep, beautiful eyes. But drawing anime eyes is relatively easy since they are drawn without the in-depth details, so you can take a relieved breath.
- Like every other part, begin with the outline of the eyes. Remember that the anime characters have big, expressive eyes, so draw the outline accordingly.
- A female eye would be bigger than the male eye. So keep that in mind before you move on to the next parts of the eye. More arcs for the girl and lines for the boy.
- Draw the iris in the shape of an oval with top and lower iris hidden by the eyelids.
- A small oval inside the iris would form the pupil.
- Draw two tiny circles in the opposite direction for the reflection area.
- Now start shading and leave the reflections white and then move on the eyelashes.
- For a female anime, while drawing the upper and lower eyelashes keep it longer than that of the male anime.
- A thick arc above the eye will give you pretty eyebrows. For a male anime, you can make the eyebrows thicker and more on the straight side.
You can check these articles as well:
- 30 Most Popular Black Anime Characters
- 35 Famous Anime Characters With Blue Hair
- 25 Popular Anime Characters With White Hair
- Top 25 Famous Anime Characters With Glasses
Cool Anime Drawing Ideas and Sketches
Now that you know the basic techniques, drawing an anime would be easier. It wouldn’t happen in a day, sure, but you will be an expert in anime drawing only with more practice. To help you in the process, here are the cool anime drawing ideas and sketches of some of the most famous anime characters. You can also use bright watercolor paints to make your drawing beautiful.
Naruto Uzumaki Drawing Ideas
Naruto is one of the most popular anime characters. So when it comes to the cool anime drawing ideas and sketches, you bet we are gonna include Naruto Uzumaki among the first few choices. There are many key features that are so unique about his character. From his long spiky hair to his sharp fiery eyes. And then there is the classic headband. So many fun things that are just waiting to be drawn by you.
Start with the basic face outlines using a circle and lines. Draw another arc beneath the circle to form the basic face outline. Draw a curved line across the top of the face to give him his headband. Once you have the headband drawn, work on his ears. Next, create half brows peeking down his headband. Refer to the steps above to draw eyes, nose, and mouth. Above all, don’t forget to add three lines across each cheek. And then give him that thick blonde spiky mane. Your Naruto is ready to be colored and shaded.
Goku Anime Drawing
Goku Super Saiyan is another very famous anime character that people love dearly. His face is as small as long is his hair. So he is quite fun to sketch and has his own distinctive features that you would need to focus on. For example his muscular body, angular face, and long pointed hair.
While drawing Goki, remember some basic details like combining his eyes with brows, drawing large pieces of hair in a triangular shape and broad neck that extends towards a heavy buffed body. Start with the face so you could have a base part to work with and sketch out the rest of the details accordingly.
How to Draw Disney Princess| Snow Queen Elsa Drawing
Regardless of the age, everybody loves Elsa! This beautiful ice princess moved us with her songs and became the queen of not just snow but many kids’ hearts. Seriously, we can’t just get over her. And why not? She is not just pretty but so smart. And we haven’t even started on her costumes!
There are many versions of Elsa you can try to draw. But one of the most common Elsa sketches is the one with her looking over her shoulder and a sly grin on her face. Be very careful while drawing Elsa’s eyes because they are too striking. Make her eye lines and lashes extra thick and bold. One thing you can never forget about is Elsa’s iconic hair. Give her the perfect puffed back look in the front and a long braid twisting around to her front.
Furry Drawing Ideas
Furry anime is quite interesting and tickles the imagination, unlike anything. In case you are new to the furry anime concept, let me help you. Furry anime are actually animal characters but are given human characteristics. For instance, they behave like humans, have human intelligence, and show facial expressions.
Some of the much known furry anime are Uma Musume: Pretty Derby, Wolf’s Rain, Spice and Wolf, Hyper Police and the list goes on and on. They are so darn cute and not so different from our usual anime characters. Besides the placement and style of their ears, you don’t need to do anything different. Most of the time you could easily draw them by simply following the basic anime drawing techniques.
Chibi Anime Drawing Ideas
In Japanese, Chibi is slang for someone small and cute. You must have seen the Chibi versions of many of your favorite anime characters. They are basically drawn very small with cute chubby cheeks, stubby limbs, and a giant head. This caricature style is really too adorable to not give it a try.
A few things you need to remember while drawing a Chibi anime is that the characters have the same sized body and similar body shape regardless of the gender, face size, height, body shape, and age of the original design. The only thing you can do to differentiate is by highlighting their essential features such as hair, eyes, or clothes.
Anime Couple Poses Drawings
Raise your hand if you also think that anime give some major couple goals! There are so many anime couples that we all love and are very popular. Some of these are Goku and Chichi, Naruto and Hinata, Vegeta and Bulma, Lucy and Natsu, Kirito and Asuna and so many more.
Drawing them could mean a little extra (or a lot!) work for you but with practice, you can nail it perfectly. Start with basic lines and proportions to ensure a smooth process. Since you are just a beginner, try some easy couple poses rather than the ones requiring a lot many details.
How to Draw Kakashi Hatake
Kakashi Hatake is another one of the most beloved anime characters. To draw him, you would need to first observe the contours of his chin, jaw, cheek, and brow. Then begin with the rough outline of his face using curved lines.
His eyes and brows are a bit on the curvy side so remember that while you are working on them. An upturned curved line would need to be drawn to give him his iconic face mask. Also, don’t forget Kakashi’s scar that goes above and below across one eye. Lastly, finish the sketch with his headband and long spiky hair.
Kawaii Anime Drawing Ideas
Kawaii is the culture of cuteness in Japan. If you are a big fan of lovely and adorable characters then you must be binge-watching kawaii anime all day long. Some of the most popular kawaii anime are Hanayamata, K-On, Hanamaru Kindergarten, New Game, Lucky Star, and Pokemon. Everything about these anime packs a sold punch of cuteness. Pick any character from the kawaii anime and bring out that kawaii factor in your sketches. If I were you, I would definitely start with our lovely Pikachu.
Monkey D Luffy Drawing
This fictional character from the One Piece manga series is one of the most humorous and witty guys. His drawing wouldn’t be complete without his straw hat. His face is relatively easier to draw since it doesn’t need finer details like other characters. Start by drawing a basic face outline and then give him his button eyes, a curved line for a smile, and that scar beneath one eye.
His hat can give you a little trouble but start the hat by drawing a long curved line high above the eyes. Draw a series of long spikes below this line to give him his shaggy hair and then complete the hat. You just need to focus on the shape of his hat keenly and you’ll be just fine.
Erza Scarlet Drawing
You don’t wanna piss of Erza Scarlet from Fairy Tail Guild because this gal can do some serious magic. Her face is another one of the easiest anime characters to draw. However, while drawing her, emphasize her unique features to give your drawing a fine depth. For instance, keep her chin pointed, eyes a bit diamond-like shape, and lush long straight hair with some side bangs. While this is just about her portrait sketch, if you feel like drawing her complete form holding a sword then don’t let any hesitation stop you. The rest of the part is also easy to draw as long as you stick with outlining first.
Angel Beats Drawing
Angel Beats is one such anime that is jam packed with action, emotions, comedy and drama. The only thing missing is romance but that’s fine because it’s absolutely fantastic. If you are a fan of Angel Beats then you know what all the fuss is about. It has great characters like Hideki Hinata, Yuri Nakamura, Yuzuru Otonashi, Kanade Tachibana, Yui etc. Pick any of your favorite characters and begin with basic techniques. With their similar face shapes, it wouldn’t be difficult to draw them, You just need to give attention to their unique features and hair colors to differentiate them.
Cowboy Bebop Drawing Ideas
This science fiction anime has many characters that you could draw without any trouble. There is the tall Vicious with his sword. His angular face is covered mostly with his long strands of hair. His body is on the leaner sides so with straight construction lines, you can draw him easily. Gren can be also drawn with long straight construction lines. Don’t forget the pointed chin of his while drawing the basic face outline. Other interesting characters that you cam try sketching from Cowboy Bebop are Jet Black, Julia, Spike Spiegel, Edward and Faye Valentine.
How to Draw Pokemon Pikachu Easy
If there is one Pokemon creature that we all completely adore then that is Pikachu. This tiny creature holds all the power and zing in him. Literally! It’s obvious that Pikachu has many fans. So we are definitely gonna include him in this list of cool anime drawing ideas and sketches. Pikachu is actually very easy to draw and has all the kawaii elements in him.
To begin with outlines, draw construction lines in the shape of a circle and a trapezoid just beneath it. Draw two ovals diagonally at the top two corners of the trapezoid and two rectangles at the bottom two corner of the trapezoid. A zigzag line would be drawn extending from the middle of the trapezoid. We have the outline done now so you can move on to adding the fine details. Draw two long pointy ears from the top of the head. Two tiny circles for Pikachu’s twinkling eyes and two slightly larger dots on further sides of both the cheeks and triangular tongue peeking out. Start shading and breathe life into your Pikachu.
Ash Ketchum Drawing
Now that you are all grown, up you can deny all you want but nobody will believe you if you say you are over Ash Ketchum. He is the character besides Pikachu that we all loved. And still do! Kids or adults, Ash Ketchum is everyone’s favorite. From his baseball cap to his sleeveless jacket, he has so many unique elements that can be played with while drawing.
Start on his face outline by drawing a faint rectangle with rounded edges. Next draw a vertical line down the middle of the head and two horizontal lines, one just above the middle of the head shape and another near the bottom of the head shape. After this basic shape, start drawing Ash’s face shape with his pointed chin and upside-down Us for his eyes. Two C-shaped curves would form his ears. Draw four spikes on both sides of his head and his cap on top and we have our very own Ask Ketchum!
Charizard Drawing Easy
There is nothing cool about fire-breathing dragons but they are so damn cool! Forgive the pun but you gotta admit. Charizard is so amazing! We have always been fascinated with dragons and then came this Pokemon and it gave our imagination a whole new excitement. Drawing Charizard is a little tricky but nothing so difficult that you shouldn’t attempt as a beginner.
Start by just drawing his head. You would need to draw a small circle for his head. Two curved lines extending from the top of this circle would give it horns. Now start on working the details and give it snout with the help of curved lines. draw a curved line from the base of the left horn to the tip of the snout to form its jaw.
Extend two curved lines from the bottom of the head and then go on drawing his body with a roughly circular shape. Sketch in the arms and legs stretching out but make the legs rounder. Now give him claws, a tail with flame at the end, and finish it off with wings. Be careful or it will blow fire and your drawing might catch it! Wink!
If you are aware of Sword Art Online series (of course you are!) then you know who Yuuki Asuna is. She is the partner of Kirito and you definitely know him. So to draw Asuna, you will again need to start with basic face construction techniques. You will need an oval shape to draw her basic face shape and then move on to the rest of the details. Make sure you give her a good amount of fringes in the front that will end up just above her big eyes. You could draw Kirito beside her and you will have a cute anime couple drawing in your hands.
Sword Art Online Drawing
Sword Art Online is another very popular science fiction anime series that is full of adventures. Many people are big fans of Kirito and Asuna, the lead characters of the anime. But there are other interesting characters as well that you can try drawing. Some of them are Eugene, Alicia Rue, Kibaou, Kayaba Akihiko, Agil, and Keita.
Anime drawing is an art. Almost every anime lover has tried to draw their favorite anime characters at least once. While your first attempt might not look like the original character, stay calm and keep practicing. The more you sketch, the perfect you will become in drawing anime. So sharpen your pencil and enjoy the process.